- Employment Type: Full Time
- Posting Date: January 10, 2022
- Expiry Date: January 24, 2022
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in banking with a minimum of two years in a credit capacity.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics
This job is responsible for assisting with the management of the Bank’s Credit Portfolio giving due regard to laid down guidelines and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate sundry service requests for customers and channel same to the appropriate personnel.
- Facilitate the resolution of customer queries and complaints using Synapsys within 48 hours/2 business days.
- Contribute to the growth of the portfolio and achievement of the department’s targets by:
- Interviewing clients, analyzing financial and other information, preparing proposals for presentation to the manager or adjudicating team as delegated.
- Extending recommendations for applications and requests and handling referrals as required
- Proactively soliciting customers and providing them with financial solutions.
- Conduct site visits to support applications
- Assist with the control and review of an assigned credit portfolio (loans and overdrafts) and pursue follow-up and collection strategies as necessary to:
- Ensure accounts are reviewed by expiry date
- Keep delinquency levels within 5%
- Classify and report on watch listed accounts
- Ensure that securities are captured and properly recorded
- Visit properties to monitor progress / assess value
- Conduct courtesy visits to customers on an ongoing basis to augment and solidify relationships
- Assist with preparing periodic reports on the performance of the credit portfolio to assist in decision making.
- Prepare and sign-off engagement documents for commercial projects between the Bank and project managers.
- Complete documents with customers for the opening of accounts.
- Assist with the completion of applications for point-of-sale machines and online banking
- Conduct credit enquiries
- Follow up with stakeholders to ensure that securities are perfected, sent to the Bank and up to date.
- Review and manage DDA in excess(daily)
- Keep up to date with market conditions and current affairs.
- Undertake other duties that are consistent in achieving the objectives of the position as assigned by the Manager, Business Banking
- Acquire and maintain a current knowledge of all the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services particularly as it relates to lending, Know Your Customer, and AML/CFT.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Organizational and time management skills
- Relationship management skills
- Administrative skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical skills
- Financial Analysis skills
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Selling skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Negotiation skills
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in banking with a minimum of two years in a credit capacity.
DEADLINE FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Applications must be addressed to the Executive Manager, Human Resources on or before Monday, January 24, 2022, via email: [email protected]
Get updates on our products, promos, events and more!