Risk Analyst, Credit & Market Risk
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Posting Date: October 14, 2022
- Expiry Date: October 26th, 2022
- Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in banking/financial services industry with emphasis on credit and investments.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Economics, Statistics, or Accounting).
This job is responsible for providing direct support to the Senior Manager, Credit & Market Risk in overseeing the execution of the credit and market risk management program of the Bank and promoting an effective and robust risk management culture.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare decision documents for approval by the Board and management, as appropriate.
- Make recommendations based on analyses to the Senior Manager, Credit & Market Risk for review and approval.
- Monitor credit risk and market risk portfolios in relation to approved risk appetite, thresholds, concentration exposures, and regulatory and policy requirements.
- Research and report on the performance of various sectors to inform the review and revision of credit strategy and credit risk appetite.
- Research and report on the performance of market risk performance and risk indicators to inform the review and revision of market risk and investment strategy and appetite.
- Prepare relevant risk management reports and ensure compliance to approved schedule of risk reporting.
- Provide direct support to the Senior Manager, Credit & Market Risk in the remediation of compliance, regulatory, risk and audit findings/corrective actions agreed.
- Provide direct support to the Senior Manager, Credit & Market Risk in the planning and execution of projects related to the credit risk and market risk management programs.
- Conduct periodic/scheduled reviews and assessments of insurance companies, accounting and audit providers to the Bank’s customers and investment fund managers.
- Conduct routine and ad hoc risk assessments as assigned.
- Perform the data management and maintenance required to support the market and credit risk management frameworks and methodologies.
- Conduct routine and ad hoc spot checks and independent reviews of the effectiveness of internal risk controls and risk mitigation strategies for credit and market risks.
- Conduct routine and ad hoc stress testing and scenario analysis in relation to the impact of credit risk and market risks on the Bank’s earnings, liquidity and capital.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Credit & Market Risk with routine and ad hoc research and reports.
- Conduct credit and investment product risk assessments for new products to be onboarded.
- Conduct annual risk review and assessment of existing credit and investment products.
- Conduct annual review of the Bank’s credit pricing model and tools, including assessment of risks in relation to interest income earnings.
- Conduct independent annual risk review of the performance of the credit and investment portfolios in relation to the Bank’s credit and investment corporate objectives.
- Provide direct support and assistance to the Senior Manager, Credit & Market Risk in developing appropriate risk models, reviewing and maintaining market risk policies, credit risk management policies, procedures, systems, tools and the credit risk department’s risk register.
- Provide direct support and assistance to the Senior Manager, Credit & Market Risk as required, in any other duties and task as assigned from time to time.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail
- Risk management
- Risk identification and assessment
- Risk response and reporting
- Governance risk and controls application
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Data analytics
- Computer Skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload to meet deliverable targets.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and issues and see them through to completion.
- Must be a forward thinker with the ability to evaluate current practices and raise challenge through Manager/Supervisor.
- Demonstrated flexibility in responding to changing priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key business partners.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Economics, Statistics, or Accounting).
- Other professional qualifications in risk management or credit risk management or market risk management.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in banking/financial services industry with emphasis on credit and investments.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Applications must be addressed to the Executive Manager, Human Resources and must reach her via email: [email protected] on or before Wednesday, October 26th, 2022
Get updates on our products, promos, events and more!