Grenada Co-operative Bank Limited invites suitable applications for the position of Senior Finance Officer
This position is responsible for supporting the Executive Manager, Finance (EMF) in managing the financial operations of the Bank, ensuring financial sustainability according to acceptable standards of banking, financial institutions, and accounting.
Applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Professional Accounting Accreditation – Intermediate Level
- A minimum of five (5) years progressive experience working in an accounting or finance position
Persons must possess the ability to:
- Assist with establishing and maintaining financial accounting systems and procedures for the prompt, accurate recording, retrieval, and analysis of GCBL’s financial operations to facilitate timely reporting and decision making.
- Supervise the reconciliation, investment, and financial accounting responsibilities within the Finance Department. This includes setting appropriate performance targets for the individual staff members, timely completion of employee performance review and development plans.
- Supervise the preparation and submission of all financial, regulatory, and statutory reports.
- Supervise the Bank’s payroll system ensuring accurate and prompt payment of staff salaries and timely submission of statutory returns.
- Supervise the annual audit by the External Auditor. This includes ensuring that all schedules are provided to the External Auditor on a timely basis.
- Assist the EMF with the review, analysis and interpretation of the financial reports and the preparation of the annual budgets.
- Supervise the Bank’s payable and purchasing systems with due regard to efficiency, effectiveness, and economy.
- Assist the EMF with oversight of the Bank’s investment portfolio. This includes:
- monthly review of the investment register and reconciliation
- timely submission of investment reports
- review of investment opportunities
- ensure appropriate liquidation/ disposal of investments
- ensure Fund Managers due diligence and monitoring
The incumbent must also possess the following skills:
- Financial analysis skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Numeracy & problem-solving skills
- Team building skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Implementation skills
- Accountability skills
- Risk management skills
- Information technology skills
- Negotiation skills
- HR development/coaching skills
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested and suitably qualified persons must address applications to:
The Executive Manager, Human Resources
Grenada Co-operative Bank Limited
“Senior Finance Officer”
Applications can be forwarded to the Bank via email: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Monday, March 22, 2021.